Friday 27 December 2013

Nakano Broadway & Pixiv Gallery Event

It was my first trip to Nakano but It was cut short since I had to sudden meet up with my friend at Ikebukuro. Therefore, decided to go for round two the next day with intention to buy since I have a jotted down the price in Ikebukuro & Nakano.

Levi looking pissed @ Nakano's Lashinbang store

I went to Mandrake and bought two Bungaku Shoujo aka Book Girl illustration book, Tari Tari (rare find) guide book and an old Haruhiko Mikimoto illustration book. Next, I went to a small figurine shop that sells unwanted stuff cheaply and I was pretty lucky to find "Macross 30th Anniversary" banner. That i had always wanted since my friend showed me early this year. The plastic was in a rough shape but the banner was still in good shape so bought it without second thought. Later, I tried to find my favorite retro poster shop but to my dismay it closed down. I went to the other poster shop for answer and they said, "Mandrake bought it". SHOCK 101%. It used to sell a lot of old anime in the 80s to early 2000s where cel animation was still used. That was where I got my "Kimagure Orange Road" posters and cheap cel animation from. But the good news is that "Lashinbang" opened two store at Nakano Broadway ^_^v so more competition for Mandrake! I bought a "Macross 30th Memorial Album", well not a real photo album ^_^"" but still pretty cool with a pictures of past to present Macross characters in it. Total loot spent: Y12,000.

An advice for serious figurine/illustration book buyers ONLY! Do take your time to find what you want. The prices differences can be between Y500 to Y2000 on each area. It is better to check Akiba for a rough or standard price before checking out Nakano or Ikebukuro (Do take note that Ikebukuro sells mostly girls stuff therefore you might find guy stuff cheaper at Ikebukuro's Lashinbang 2nd floor).

My LOOTS!!





Opposite Lashinbang store, there was a Pixiv Gallery Event. I did not check the name of the artist. But he/she did a pretty job on the showcasing the artwork. There was a video of his/her doing coloring to the drawing. I will post a few of the work but do click my Facebook album below to see more.
Pixiv Gallery Photo

Pixiv Gallery



No comments:

Post a Comment