Thursday 19 December 2013

Eva x Japanese Sword @ Mori Art Museum Review

Just drop by the Museum today. It was really a great exhibition with Japanese sword makers reproducing swords for the Evangelion exhibit which cost Y1,000 for entry. In addition, there was an Eva figure exhibit which cost Y500. For any huge Eva fans it would be worth your money to visit the exhibition before 23 Dec.

At the museum entrance there were Eva mecha & characters cardboard cutout which i took some pictures before the cold weather got the best out of me and decided to buy the ticket quickly. Before getting in the staff would explain a few rules on the entrance (no flash photography n etc). Later, I was greeted by a human size Eva mecha and beside it a guide on making Japanese swords (Katana, Wakizashi and more). It also explained the different era of swords in Japan. I am no expert in this field but from what can I observed the length and ornaments of each swords were different. There was also a corner to test out the weigh of the sword (damn heavy) and a detail video demonstration on making Japanese sword.



From next section on it was basically Eva sword reproduction. Everything was made by different sword makers there were also pictures of them making it and maker:s title on the handle of the swords. It was a sight to look at and very elegant too. The one that caught my eye was a Wakizashi with metallic Asuka on the blade. I was kind of speechless when i saw it, he must a lot of free time or a very huge Asuka fan to make it so detail. After snapping a lot of pictures and checking out the merchandises store. I continued my photo taking to the figure section where the figures on stage replicated scenes from Eva animation TV and Movies. Sadly, I only brought my digicam so I could not took any good pictures. But I did my best ^_^".

More pictures at my facebook album:
https://www.facebook.com/aoi.je.9/media_set?set=a.238471462984653.1073741835.100004654028054&type=3&uploaded=184

 




No comments:

Post a Comment