Sunday 6 July 2014

Cosfest XIII Day 1 & 2 (Singapore)

The last time Cosfest will be held in Downtown East, hope they would held there again when the renovation is done. It left a lot of fond memories for my friends and me since 2004 (most of them already left the otaku world haha) and that really got me into cosplay photography too. Well, took me 6 years to save up my money to buy a DSLR camera.

Old story aside.... Both day were hot, humid and a slight rain to stop the open field picture taking on Day 2. The back building were taken up the pro with their cool equipment already setup (I dream of having those myself *saving $$*). The place were crowded with photographers, cosplayers and fellow otakus. Everyone was having fun and so do I. Been out with a dislocated right shoulder and sprained back from a fall so I was happy to be back taking pics of cosplayers ^____^v

My assessment for Cosfest, the booths look more organized than last year but still can be improve. The main stream booth sold anime merchandise and etc while smaller booth were selling badges, pins, postcard and a few of doujin. I wish the doujinshi culture in Singapore would boom like in Thailand or Taiwan, want to see SG artist showing off their stuff too. I find putting cosplay props display and cardboard walls in the middle of the tent made it less spacious which was hard to move around especially during raining period. Lastly, inside the tent on Day 2 was really warm >_< don't know if they really switch on the air-con or fan...However, it was fun and nice outside other than the rain =,="" More space for cosplayers and photographers to move around. If you ask nicely the cosplayers would be happy to pose for you! Oh remember to say "THANK YOU" to them too.

Anyway here are link to my Album:
Cosfest 2014 Day 1   Cosfest 2014 Day 2

Here are some shots I took on Day 1 & 2:

                



                          


No comments:

Post a Comment